In 1996 there was established a structural unit of Ukrainian State Air Traffic Services Enterprise “UkSATSE Flight Calibration Service (UkSATSE FCS)”.
The UkSATSE FCS has two aircraft-laboratories Beechcraft B300 (Super King Air 350)
, fitted out with the most up-to-date equipment manufactured by the company Aerodata (Germany), which is designed for performing flight tests of navigation and approach ground facilities, such as: Instrument Landing Systems (ILS) of ICAO cat. I, II, III, VHF Omnidirectional Radio Range (VOR), Distance Measuring Equipment (DME), Non-Directional Beacons (NDB), Precision Approach Radars (PAR), Primary Surveillance Radars (PSR), Secondary Surveillance Radars (SSR), Precision Approach Path Indicators (PAPI).
The aircraft-laboratories perform planned flight tests (writing off) of civil aviation radio navigation aids and approach ground facilities as well as ATC routs in Ukraine, CIS and non-CIS states.
The UkSATSE FCS provides services of NAVAIDS Flight Tests pursuant to the provisions set forth in ICAO Doc. 8071 and Annex 10 (“Aeronautical Telecommunication”) of the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.
UkSATSE is entrusted with the task of organization and ensuring of search and rescue (SAR) operations in the open seas within the FIR of Ukraine. The UkSATSE FCS is the immediate executor of this task. SAR missions are performed by the specialised aircraft-laboratory An-26, with the crew specially trained for the works in the conditions of emergency situations.
1. Air Code of Ukraine (Code of Ukraine of 19.05.2011 No 3393-VI).
2. Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 14.11.2012 No 1037 “On measures of improving the organisation and execution of search and rescue works”.
3. “Rules of aviation search and rescue in Ukraine” approved by the order of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine of 17.05.2006 No.297.
4. “Rules of provision of search and rescue flights of civil aviation of Ukraine” approved by the order of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Ukraine of 28.12.2009 No.1354.
5. Agreement between the government of Russian Federation and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on Cooperation of naval and aviation search and rescue activities in the Black and Azov seas of 27.12.2010.
6. Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 22.08.2011 No. 890 “On approval of the Agreement between the government of Russian Federation and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on Cooperation of naval and aviation search and rescue activities in the Black and Azov seas”.
7. Order of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Ukraine of 15.03.2011 No 87 “On organization and ensuring of aviation search and rescue operations in the sea”.
8. Order of UkSATSE of 24.06.2011 No.197 “On organization and ensuring of search and rescue operations in the sea within the FIR of Ukraine”.
Phone: (+38 044) 351 50 99
Fax: (+38 044) 351 65 21