UkSATSE Safety Performance and Safety Management System characteristics 2018
In order to monitor the effectiveness of the integrated management system and service provision, UkSATSE uses a system of measurable indicators. All these indicators are based on the analysis in each domain of the integrated management system and are permanently reviewed.
During 2018, UkSATSE achieved the following performance indicators:
Actual level of compliance in 2018
Compliance of actual level to minimal level of safety in ATM system in 2018
1. Alert level criteria for level of compliance is a minimal coefficient of compliance of procedures, personnel and equipment with the requirements defined by the national regulations and standards
2. Target level criteria for level of compliance is an approved range of acceptable coefficients of compliance of procedures, personnel and equipment with the requirements defined by the national regulations and standards
3. Actual level of compliance is an actually achieved coefficient of compliance of procedures, personnel and equipment with the requirements defined by the national regulations and standards
4. ATM safety minima is a maximum acceptable probability of occurrence with direct ATM contribution classified by severity classes
5. Actual safety level is an indicator reflecting the ratio between the actual number of safety-related occurrences with direct ATM contribution classified by severity classes, per one flight, and the number of serviced flights during the period under assessment
The compliance of safety and quality management processes/procedures with the applied regulations and standards is confirmed within the certification processes performed by the National Supervisory Authority (NSA), European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and independent accredited organization in the field of ISO certification (System of International Certification).
The maturity of the UkSATSE safety management system was assessed within the EUROCONTROL/CANSO Standard of Excellence in Safety Management Systems Measurement. The achieved level of the safety management system maturity was determined as 72.22 %, which is in line with the overall maturity levels achieved by EU/ECAC air navigation service providers in 2018 (max. level of maturity in EU/ECAC region determined in 2018 is around 78%).
All calculations related to the safety and quality performance indicators were made in accordance with the methodologies developed by UkSATSE and approved by the National Supervisory Authority.