Internal Qualification Commission
was created in UkSATSE according to the Order of UkSATSE ¹ 48 of 19.02.2003 “About Internal Qualification Commission”.
Internal Qualification Commission of UkSATSE (UkSATSE IQC) is a permanent unit of Ukrainian State Air Traffic Services Enterprise (UkSATSE) that established with purpose to organize and provide competence assessments of ATCOs and other Air Navigation Services personnel who is owned valid ATCO License and to fulfill other tasks and functions delegated to it.
Its means of regulation are meetings. Planned meetings are usually held every third workweek; unplanned meetings depend on the head of UkSATSE IQC.
consists of its head, deputies head from UkSATSE RB and from TCC of UkSATSE, secretary, assistants of deputies head from UkSATSE RB and TCC of UkSATSE and members of UkSATSE IQC.
Deputy Director for Air Navigation Service department is the head of UkSATSE IQC, deputies directors for ATS are his deputies from UkSATSE RB, head of Qualification Training Center of TCC of UkSATSE is the deputy head from UkSATSE IQC.
The membership and the number of members of UkSATSE IQC is determined by the head of UkSATSE IQC and approved by UkSATSE’s orders.
UkSATSE IQC has a secretary from Management of UkSATSE Air Navigation Service Department UkSATSE who reports to Deputy Director for Air Navigation.
Assistants of deputies head of UkSATSE IQC are assigned from ATM staff of RB who report to deputies directors of RB in ATS; assistants of deputies head from TCC of UkSATSE are the specialist from the Training and Certification Department of TCC of UkSATSE.
The membership of UkSATSE IQC is approved by UkSATSE order ¹ 240 dated 11.05.2018 “About approval of the renewed membership of UkSATSE IQC”.
Main objectives of UkSATSE IQC:
1. To organize and assess of ATS personnel competence that requires valid ATCO’s license.
2. To check ATS personnel certification documents on their compliance with the requirements ratified by regulatory, legal acts of Ukraine and regulatory documents of UkSATSE.
3. To prepare and update the list of examination questions for certification disciplines concerning ATS personnel competence assessment.
4. To monitor processes of ATS personnel certification in order to comply with certification requirements specified in certain regulatory and legal acts of Ukraine, regulatory documents of the SAA and UkSATSE.
5. Methodological support for the managers and ATCOs on the issues concerning to assessment of ATS personnel competence.
6. To organize the candidates’ approval for reservation in case of replacement and appointment on ATS managers’ positions.
7. Registration UkSATSE IQC documents and archiving of this documents.
8. Interaction with international organizations, certain structural branches of SAA and UkSATSE departments on the issues of ATS personnel certification according to the particular instruction of UkSATSE Director.
9. To assess the ATCO’s competence in case of doubts.
10. To assess the ATCO’s competence assigning him/her the rating(s), special and particular marks and/or independent work endorsement (endorsements).
11. To assess the competence of candidates to be ATCO in order to obtain the ATCO-student License/ATCO License.
UkSATSE IQC in all their activity should comply with Ukrainian legislation, orders and regulatory documents of UkSATSE and Regulations of Internal Qualification Commission of UkSATSE
Regulations of UkSATSE IQC agreed with SAA of Ukraine and approved by orders of UkSATSE.
Annually the schedules of UkSATSE IQC work and certification examinations on prolongation of ATCO License in UkSATSE RB and Air Traffic Service Units (ATSU) are done.
Preparation and update of the list of examination questions for certification disciplines concerning ATCO’s competence assessment scheme is arranged according to the requirements of the Regulations of UkSATSE IQC. Recommendations for ATCOs were issued by UkSATSE IQC in order to help them with preparation for certification assessment.
UkSATSE IQC issue annual bulletin according to the requirements of the Regulations of Internal Qualification Commission of UkSATSE. The bulletin contains information about the number of the worked-out documents and taken decisions, the number of certification examinations and the information about the taken measures under its competence.
Statute on Professional Training of Air Traffic Management Personnel in Ukrainian State Air Traffic Services Enterprise see in